Jobs In Australia: Apply For Jobs as Electrical and Mechanical Tram Maintainers in Yarra Trams Melbourne VIC, Australia
Keolis Downer is the glad administrator of Yarra Trams, the most seasoned and biggest light rail network on the planet. Since 2009, Keolis Downer has altogether put resources into Melbourne’s cable car network and network. In September 2017, the Victorian Government granted Keolis Downer the agreement to run Yarra Trams until in any event 2024. This is an energizing time for Yarra Trams.
All through the establishment of understanding terms, we will guarantee we convey protected, progressively dependable traveler administrations, and meet our responsibility to execution of our armada while expanding the estimation of the cable car network for Melburnians and a large number of guests to our city consistently.
To convey these energizing difficulties, Yarra Trams requires the administration of a reasonably qualified and experienced Electrical or Mechanical fitter to perform cable car support and overhauling undertakings guaranteeing the ideal accessibility of cable cars to support the Melbourne open.
The job will be situated at the Preston Superstation area enveloping Preston, Essendon, and Brunswick stop.
What the Job role entails
The position is a great opportunity to work with qualified and experienced Electrical and/or Mechanical Fitters to actively assist our Rolling Stock Maintenance teams in performing tram servicing, fault finding and repairs, component exchange, and preventative maintenance. Reporting to the Fleet Manager, Maintenance and working on a 7-day-per-week rotating roster, the role will involve:
- Performing maintenance tasks of a reactive and preventative nature as allocated by the supervisor;
- Identifying nonbase work-related faults during inspection activities and depot servicing, and advising supervisor so that appropriate resources can be allocated;
- Documenting and signing off all tasks performed in accordance with the processes described in the Management system;
- Providing advice on work-related issues as required;
- Working across our 3 super Depots (Southbank, Preston, and Malvern) if required.
What you will need for this role
To be successful in this opportunity, you will have:
- Completed an apprenticeship as a Mechanical fitter or electrician;
- Availability to work on a 7-day-per-week rotating roster, including day, afternoon, night, weekend, and public holiday shifts;
- Experience in providing technical advice (Knowledge sharing) to other tradesmen;
- Experience overseeing the work of junior staff (including apprentices);
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- An awareness and understanding of the OH&S and environmental risks that pertain to this role;
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence.