Paypal was established in the year 1998 as conformity. Paypal remain the world no one online money transfer mechanism which is used by over 200 countries.
Paypal is the globally accepted means of payment anywhere in the world and we shall be looking at how to create a verified PayPal account here in Nigeria.
For years, PayPal had basically shut Nigeria out due to our notoriety for Internet-related fraud. As fraud detection techniques improved as well as Nigeria’s notion as the largest economy in Africa, PayPal has now lifted restrictions on Nigeria. Owning a PayPal account is quite simple if you can follow the following procedure. But for those who doesn’t no what PayPal is I will first explain that.
What is Paypal?
Paypal is an online payment platform which is owned by PayPal Holding inc. It is the most used payment platform which is used by over billions of people in over 200 countries. Before 2014 Nigeria and some other countries in the world are not allowed to use PayPal for transactions.
But recently due to high volume of internet user and transaction PayPal decided to add Nigeria to there supported country but with some restrictions.
With a PayPal account, you can pay for any transaction online including most online shopping malls including Amazon, Godaddy,eBay, allies press, and some top online shopping sites.
It serves a global marketplace and is by far the biggest internet wallet service.
Procedure to open verified PayPal account in Nigeria.
Opening verified PayPal account in Nigeria is pretty simple if the procedure is followed strictly
Requirements for opening a PayPal account in Nigeria.
Before you could open and verify your PayPal account in Nigeria you have to have some basic requirements. Those requirements are not something gigantic. Here are some of the requirements.
i . Valid email address
One of the basic and essential requirements for opening a PayPal account in Nigeria is having a valid email address. Your email serves as your basic identification which must be valid. Paypal would attempt to validate the email address by sending a message. You would need to confirm the existence of the email address by following the steps in the message they send.
ii . You also need a visa or MasterCard ATM card it can be either debit or credit card this card must be linked to your Nigeria local bank, this card is necessary for the verification of your PayPal account.
The service would debit a tiny amount from the card and once you confirm the transaction, the account would be fully Verified.
Verve card is not allowed by PayPal accounts in Nigeria.
After obtaining the necessary requirements for opening a PayPal account in Nigeria follow the following steps to open a PayPal account.
Steps in opening a PayPal account in Nigeria.
Follow the steps below to open PayPal account.
1. Go to www.PayPal.com
2. Click on sign up and select either a business or personal account.
3. Personal will be for your personal debit card and business is for your company debit card (if you have one).
4. After selecting personal, click continue…you should see “Nigeria” in the drop-down area, your email address, and password.
5. Fill in your email address
6. Type in your password and continue with the registration.
7. You will required to input some basic info such as name, phone number, date of birth etc.
8 fill in your address, make sure that it matches the same address details you filled when you opened a bank account
9. After that you will be redirected to a page where you will input your ATM details. You have to input all your card details without making any mistakes.
i . You will be prompt to input your card number which is the 15 digits in front of your card.
ii . You will also input your card expiry date
iii . Also CVV is required. The CVV is the three-digit behind your ATM card.
After this setup, you will have to check in your mail. Verification message will be sent to your. Click on verify and your account will be set up immediately.
Wow!!!! Now your PayPal account is setup and verified it is now ready to be use for any online transaction.
Using a wallet
First Bank offers this option through their exclusive deal with PayPal. How does this work?
1. Simply login into your Internet banking account using your password and token
2. Choose the “PayPal wallet” in the main tab and click “create PayPal wallet” on the drop-down menu
3. Select which cards you wish to link to your PayPal account and which card will be the default card. Try using one card for easy reconciliation
4. Press the button on your online token and confirm accordingly
5. Create a password in the pop-up window that appears
6. Click on “agree and create account”.
7. Go to your registered email account with the bank which confirms that you have created a PayPal account
How to fund Nigeria PayPal account
In this section, I will provide you a simple method to fund your PayPal account here in Nigeria.
Actually, at present, there is no way to fund Nigeria’s PayPal Account as a result of the restrictions still placed on Nigeria by PayPal. Nevertheless you can use your Nigeria PayPal Account to make payment online. Instead of funding your PayPal account and then making payment using the fund in the account, payment with the Nigeria PayPal account is deducted directly from the fund in the Master or Visa card you linked to your PayPal.
So you don’t fund the PayPal account. Money will be automatically deducted from your local bank account as you buy stuff online through the PayPal account.
Aside the restriction on personally funding account, Nigerians can’t receive PayPal funds, too. I believe that as time goes on, all restrictions on Nigeria would be lifted and we will be able to enjoy the full features of this payment processor. In the meantime, keep shopping with your just created Nigeria PayPal account.
1. Is PayPal banned in Nigeria?
Not anymore. The service was not available to residents of Nigeria until 2015 but is now available to a large extent.
2. Can I use PayPal to receive money in Nigeria?
Yes. Business Accounts can receive money in Nigeria.
How do I make my PayPal account valid in Nigeria?
To verify your account, you need to confirm your email address by clicking on the link sent to your email and your valid Visa or Mastercard and confirm the code in the transaction
Thanks for this paypal tutorial, i enjoyed your tutorial but please any other alternative to get Uk paypal approved in Nigeria? piggyvest review