How to Get a British Work Permit
- Have received a confirmed offer of employment from a licensed UK employer who will act as your sponsor; and
- Be in possession of a Certificate of Sponsorship issued by your sponsoring employer; and
- Pass the points-based assessment, details of which can be found on the category-specific work permit pages listed below.
- Tier 2 General – Skilled Worker
- Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer
- Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa
Employers who want to know more about Tier 2 work permits are advised to read our section on Tier 2 visa information for employers.
UK Work Permits (General Category) and Permanent Residency
As a UK work grant holder, you can fit the bill for a permanent living arrangement if you have lived and worked in the UK for at least five years. When you have fulfilled the multi-year prerequisite you may fit the bill for Indefinite Leave to stay in the UK, which can then be trailed by British Naturalization as a UK resident.
Intra-Company Transfers and Permanent Residency
As a UK work license holder under the ICT classification, you can fit the bill for changeless habitation on the off chance that you have lived and worked in the UK for at least five years and were conceded a Tier 2 intra-organization move visa under the guidelines set up before sixth April 2010 or had past leave as a passing work grant holder. When you have fulfilled the multi-year necessity you may meet all requirements for Indefinite Leave to stay in the UK (ILR), which can then be trailed by British Naturalization as a UK resident.
Changes of Employment
In the event that you wish to change businesses, you should get another Certificate of Sponsorship from an authorized manager. You will likewise need to experience a reassessment against the present focuses test and the position should fulfill the promoting prerequisites of the inhabitant work showcase test (if pertinent).